To zoom press CTRL + (PC) or COMMAND + (MAC)
Commemorative Plaque - Dundas Street
|Name/Title:||Commemorative Plaque - Dundas Street|
Item consists of a black and white postcard depicting a commemorative monument to Dundas Street and Governor’s Road.
On the back of the postcard is: ‘Cairn unveiled Nov 21, 1931, Dundas, Ontario. “Historical Sites and Monuments / Board of Canada / Dundas Street / The Governor’s Road / Planned by Lt. Gov. Simcoe in 1793, as a military road and commercial highway between Lake Ontario and the River Thames, to promote the settlement of this Province. Laid out and constructed by the Queen’s Rangers under his orders in 1794-5, and named in honor of Hon. Henry Dundas, Sec’y of State for War and the Colonies. Erected 1931.”‘
|Copyright Information:||Copyright has lapsed on this original photograph and it is now in the public domain. Copyright of the digital image created by the Dundas Museum and Archives is owned by the Dundas Museum and Archives. This image may be used for personal or research use. Permission must be obtained in writing by the Dundas Museum and Archives for any use other than personal or research use. Please contact the Archivist for more information.|
|Tags:||Dundas Street, Governor's Road, Monuments and Memorials|
|Reproductions:||For information about obtaining a high resolution copy of this image, please contact the Archivist and refer to the Object Number.|