To zoom press CTRL + (PC) or COMMAND + (MAC)
The Cowper Block
|The Cowper Block
Item consists of a black and white photographic copy print with a caption that reads:
“1856. The Cowper Block. The first telephone in Dundas was installed in Cowper’s store in 1877 by Alexander Graham Bell, connecting it to the house attached to Cowper’s Furniture Factory, which used to be at the head of Sydenham St., west of the railway bridge, also west of Sydenham Creek and south of the railway tracks.”
|Copyright has lapsed on this original photograph and it is now in the public domain. Copyright of the digital image created by the Dundas Museum and Archives is owned by the Dundas Museum and Archives. This image may be used for personal or research use. Permission must be obtained in writing by the Dundas Museum and Archives for any use other than personal or research use. Please contact the Archivist for more information.
|Alexander Graham Bell, Cowper Block, John Cowper
|For information about obtaining a high resolution copy of this image, please contact the Archivist and refer to the Object Number.